When it comes to getting the most out of a rewarding professional driving career, it's hard to beat an Averitt dedicated driving position!
Now, you have the opportunity to join one of the
most respected transportation companies
in the industry,
to help serve our general merchandise customer in Indianola, Mississippi.
Drivers for this account must live within a 125 mile radius from any of the following Averitt locations:
Mississippi - Indianola, Jackson, Meridian, Grenada, Belden
Arkansas - Little Rock, Jonesboro
Tennessee - Memphis
Louisiana - Saint Rose, Monroe, Baton Rouge, Shreveport
This excellent career opportunity entails
- Picking up preloaded trailers at the customer's distribution center in Indianola
- Deliver to retail stores located within an average 500-mile radius.
- Most loads averaging 5 routes per week and 3 stops per trip.
- Once empty, you'll return to the DC for your next load.
This position requires unloading
using roll-tainers, U-boats, and the trailer liftgate; there will be some hand unloading of cartons.
- Weekly mileage varies; miles based on PC Miler- version 22
- Start pay is 33.5cpm; reaching a top out pay of 35.5 within 1 year (Houston, Orange & Grand Prairie locations start pay is 34cpm)
- Additional stop and unloading pay available
- You have the potential to earn a
weekly average of $1,100 to $1,200!
ome every week
(depending on the location and load volume, some drivers may also receive mid-week home time.)
Volvo, Freightliner, or International ProStarmost with automatic transmissions and APUs.
Check out these many other benefits of being a full-time Averitt Associate:
- Family BCBS medical, dental, vision, prescription card, and hearing benefits package for as low as $47 per week ($19 per week for unmarried individuals)
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) plans
- Paid holidays (after 6 months of service)
- Paid vacation
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform Program- Averitt will provide
- Credit Union options
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Programs available
- Referral Rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt is an Equal Opportunity Employer; females and minorities are encouraged to apply!
- 1 year of full-time verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (if not, please refer to our Ded. Refresher/Supplemental Training Program)
- Must be 23 years of age or older
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 1 moving violation within the past 12 months
- No more than 2 moving violations within the past 3 years
Averitt Express Inc