National General Insurance
Responsible for answering high volume inbound calls and providing effective quality customer service in regards to property damage claims. Support borrowers and contractors by providing detailed information on how to progress a claim file; de- escalates calls and process complaints; handle disbursement of claim funds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Deliver timely, accurate customer service ensuring the highest level of satisfaction
* Handle inbound telephone calls from borrowers, contractors and/or insurance adjusters in regards to property damage claims in order to resolve customer inquiries
* Build customer service knowledge by taking initiative for learning additional processes, queues and client specific procedures to support customer in secondary areas and provide comprehensive, well informed responses to inquiries
* Work on Claim Packets when phone lines are slow
* Update records and note system as required
* Able to meet and maintain availability standards, schedule adherence and attendance guidelines
* Ability to work in fast paced environment
* Flexibility in work hours and in changing environments
* May assist answering questions in the help desk
* May cross train to assist with borrower follow ups
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Sound analytical skills
* Solid work quality, accuracy and proficiency
* Bilingual skills, both written and verbal, highly desirable
* Mortgage Lending Call Center specific experience
* 1 years of experience in a Call Center
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*
We believe there's more to auto insurance than coverages and claims. At National General Insurance, we start with experience – yours. We're guided by your unique needs, translated into the policy that works best for you, your family and the vehicles you drive. Our job? To give you the benefits of our experience. More than 60 years of it, grounded in the automotive industry. We take pride in the insurance products and services we offer, designed to give you the best possible auto insurance coverage – affordably – from your first car to your 21st. We are committed to your complete satisfaction. And if you do need to make a claim, we'll handle it as quickly, professionally and gently as we can. We don't just want to “get” your business. We want to keep it.