Anthem, Inc. is the nation's leading health benefits company serving the needs of approximately 40 million medical members nationwide.
Your Talent. Our Vision.
At Anthem, Inc.
, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Utilization Management Representative I:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Managing incoming authorization call requests
• Determines contract and benefit eligibility; provides authorization for inpatient admission, outpatient precertification, prior authorization, and post service requests.
• Refers cases requiring clinical review to a Nurse reviewer.
• Responsible for the identification and data entry of referral requests into the UM system in accordance with the plan certificate.
• Responds to telephone inquiries concerning authorizations from providers.
• Conducts clinical screening process.
• Authorizes initial set of sessions to provider.
• Develops and maintains positive customer relations by handling authorization requests promptly and accurately.
• Requires High School diploma or GED
• 1 year of customer service or call-center experience; proficient analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Medical terminology training and experience in medical support or insurance field required.
Coding experience preferred
CNA, CMA preferred
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers.
Website : http://www.antheminc.com
The company was formed when WellPoint Health Networks Inc. and Anthem, Inc. merged in 2004 to become the nation's leading health benefits company. The parent company originally assumed the WellPoint, Inc. name at the time of the merger. In December 2014, WellPoint, Inc. changed its corporate name to Anthem, Inc. The Anthem brand is built on a foundation of trust – it’s the name consumers are most familiar with as a trusted health care partner through our affiliated health plans. Anthem, Inc. is one of the largest health benefits companies in the United States. Through its affiliated health plans, Anthem companies deliver a number of leading health benefit solutions through a broad portfolio of integrated health care plans and related services, along with a wide range of specialty products such as life and disability insurance benefits, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, as well as long term care insurance and flexible spending accounts. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Anthem, Inc. is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association serving members in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Virginia and Wisconsin; and specialty plan members in other states.