Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Call Center Collections Specialist','1718547','','Cox Communications','!*!
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
As a Collections Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as a front-line representative of the Cox brand, in a call center environment. In this role you will:
• Promote customer retention and reduce bad debt by collecting monies via telephone from delinquent active and former customers and non-pay disconnected accounts across all residential product lines while remaining in accordance with State and Federal privacy and collection laws, in a call center environment.
• Ensure all delinquent accounts within assigned area are either collected or resolved in accordance with defined system policy in order to maximize system financial performance and effectively minimize write off of Accounts Receivables and equipment, in a call center environment.
• Live the Cox Values, by demonstrating an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company.
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as a Collections Specialist today.
The Cox Communications Difference
Cox Communications is more than just a place to work. We strive to create an environment that nurtures personal development and the opportunity to build on your talents.
Our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, Cox offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package (healthcare and 401k) and a best-in-class working environment.
We are committed to having a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We embrace and foster an environment that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives.
Keep reading to learn more about the role and to apply to join the Cox Communications team today!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Answers incoming and makes outgoing phone calls to customers and provides a quality, responsive, and positive customer contact with the intent to retain the customer and correct the past due situation.
• Requests account information, accesses customer record databases or other electronic tools and information delivered to the desktop, and authenticates customer by requesting PIN or other identifying information.
• Analyzes customer account status and history and performs necessary calculations to determine appropriate actions and payment plans.
• Negotiates with customers to agree upon arrangements for payment, extends disconnect dates when required and processes payments by telephone (credit card, checks, etc.)
• Screens, identifies and participates in investigations of telephone fraud and responds to inquiries of rate, services and possible fraud.
• Transfers appropriate fraud, high toll and bankruptcy cases and escalations to the appropriate person/workgroup inside or outside of the Collections department.
• Resolves collections-related customer issues to maintain customer loyalty and minimize product churn.
• Safeguards company assets, customer’s privacy and other proprietary information.
• Maintains compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Documents call results, including the disposition of calls, customer payments agreements, payment plans and other results in the Cox billing system (ICOMS).
• Processes equipment retrieval requests, stolen and fire damaged equipment reports to minimize financial losses.
• Other duties as assigned. ','','','!*!
• High school graduate, GED, or equivalent work experience.
• 6 months experience working in a direct customer contact position.
• 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting.
• Eligibility to work in the United States.
• 1 or more years successful experience in a call center customer service, telephone sales or credit and/or collections environment.
• Knowledge of ICOMS billing system, or equivalent in another environment.
• Telecommunications or utility experience.
• Bilingual.','!*!About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.','Cox Communications, Inc.','US-VA-Chesapeake-1341 Crossways Blvd','','Regular','Individual Contributor','Variable','Avail Mon- Sat 8am-8pm','No','Full-time','Ongoing','Call Center Collections Specialist
Cox Enterprises, Inc.
Website : http://www.coxenterprises.com
Cox Enterprises is a leading communications, media and automotive services company. With revenues of nearly $16 billion and approximately 50,000 employees, the company's major operating subsidiaries include Cox Communications (cable television distribution, high-speed Internet access, telephone, commercial telecommunications and advertising solutions); Cox Media Group (television and radio stations, digital media, newspapers and advertising sales rep firms); and Cox Automotive (automotive-related auctions, financial services, media and software solutions). The company's major national brands include AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, Savings.com and Valpak.