The Contact Center is part of the KU Edwards Student Success and Support Services unit.
The Contact Center consolidates services for all KU Edwards continuing and prospective students for academic and non-credit programs and serves as a referral agent to other units as needed. This team provides highly specialized and diverse administrative support for the entire KU Edwards campus. The goal of the unit is to provide accurate, friendly and consistent service to students and target audiences with the goal to increase enrollment and engagment through strategic enrollment management and customer service practices. This position is responsible for a large breadth and depth of knowledge across academic and non-credit offerings and support.
This position plays a critical role in student success by assisting students with: inbound question answering; registration; direct referrals to resources and services; appointment scheduling; outbound campaigns that promote enrollment or other calls-to-action; and proactive student/constituent communications.
45% Outbound Calling / Question Support:
* Engaging Edwards prospective students by:
* Matching career goals or aspirations with Edwards programming.
* Setting up appointments with advisors to include appointment reminders.
* Calling student lists (campaigns) to increase movement within enrollment funnel.
* Documenting conversations / recording conversations within approved unit systems to ensure quality assurance & unification of student messaging.
* Determining the correct department for routing or scheduling that meets the students needs: financial aid, account services, accommodations, etc.
* Projecting a positive, friendly, professional experience, particularly when the issue is not easily resolved or requires lengthy explanation.
* Assisting as a resource for other communication specialists (full-time, seasonal and/or student), helping them perform duties by answering any questions about policies and procedures. Monitoring queues and requesting additional help as needed.
* Demonstrating effective communication using spoken word.
45% Inbound Response and Support:
* Answering and resolving service inquiries with regards to Admissions, Financial Aid and Scholarships, Office of the University Registrar, Student Information Systems, and other University-wide programs. Answers and resolves inquiries related to all Professional and Continuing Education unit offerings. These inquiries may come from multiple modalities including but not limited to phone, email and chat. Appropriate resolutions will include:
* Correctly answering questions regarding policies and procedures for these offices, particularly when these policies or procedures require anticipatory questioning to determine the fundamental issue and/or related issues.
* Researching question or concerns when necessary.
* Escalation of the concerns to the appropriate person or office as needed, including transfers when appropriate.
* Thinking creatively and working with customers to solve problems and provide ideal solutions to their needs.
* Uses critical, independent judgment in resolving diverse customer needs
* Using a web-based registration system to process non-credit program registrations received via mail, web, fax, phone, email and in-person; applies payments and creates receipts or invoices.
* Understands and adheres to all Payment Card Industry Compliance protocol, tracks and maintains security of all received payments.
* Correctly follow and apply purchasing/payments policies as well as unit-based policies regarding payments, cancellations, and refunds.
* Provide needed customer service support via multiple modalities including but not limited to phone, email, and chat such as BlackBoard assistance, system navigation for both credit and non-credit student information systems, and technical troubleshooting/escalation.
* Communicating effectively with other University personnel, including following up with faculty, staff and other stakeholders as applicable.
10% Campus Responsibilities
* Provides high level support for a specialized function within the service portfolio of the unit (examples can include PCE registration expertise, admissions expertise, student records expertise etc.)
* Understands and adheres to KU FERPA and institutional compliance expectations.
* Attend relevant unit meetings at KUEC or KU Lawrence.
* Participate in KUEC department and campus meetings and trainings.
* Participate in relevant professional development annually.
* Staff the Welcome Center as needed to provide tier 1 and tier 2 student service for all campus constituents.
* High school diploma or GED equivalency and 2 years of office experience or 2 years of post-secondary education.
* 1 year office experience in a higher education setting.
* 2 year of customer service experience.
* 2 years of experience working with office computer systems.
* Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by application materials.
A complete application consists of:
A cover letter addressing how required qualifications are met
Resume or curriculum vitae
Contact information for 3 Professional References
Incomplete applications will not be considered.To ensure consideration apply before the review date.
Application review date begins June 25th, 2018, but will remain open until July 6th, 2018
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, ****, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas, medical center campuses).
Want to be a sponsor?