The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Req ID: 19730
Employment Status: AF - Active - Regular - Full Time
This position requires professional phone skills, independent thinking and advanced scheduling/registration techniques. The Access Services Specialist will plan, coordinate, schedule and register outpatient appointments and procedures to optimize patient flow for designated area of responsibility. Appointments will be scheduled in an efficient and timely manner by answering telephone calls on the ACD line, screening calls and taking messages. The scheduling duties will involve coordinating and scheduling outpatient appointments as well as procedures (depending on the the scheduling area). Registration duties will involve verifying and updating patient demographics, referring physician and insurance information. Other responsibilities include verifying insurance eligibility as well as providing co-payment/payment requirements.
* Support and provide superior service via phones, email and faxes as a receiver and caller, while maintaining department quality and production standards.
* 95% accuracy rate on all incoming and outgoing calls, emails and faxes
* 95% accuracy rate on all registration fields
* Total of 7.0 productive hours as evidenced in the combined total of Average Skill Set Talk Time, Average Wait Time, and Call Work Codes
* Consistently contribute to team goal of answering 90% of incoming calls within 30 seconds
* Takes a minimum of 60 incoming calls per 8 hour shift
* Follows guidelines of schedule adherence
Coordinate and schedule patient appointments according to department s policies and procedures, in a timely and effective manner.
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of appointment templates for 2 divisions * Understands complexities of division and displays excellent customer service when working with internal customers. * Consistently offers wait list as an option when appropriate and utilizes wait list to fill appointment slots.
Obtains all necessary appointment information and assures patients are scheduled appropriately for evaluation and/or testing, checking with clinical staff when necessary for guidance.
* Understands and displays competency on Passport, Navinet and Uniter Community Health Systems * Secures the financial integrity of each account to maximize reimbursement. * Gathers and updates all patient information and completes a full registration. * Refers patients to financial counselor if they are self pay or need further financial counseling.
Conducts a structured, focused interview with the patient, referring M.D. or referring PCP to gather information regarding the identified patient.
* Demonstrates solid customer service skills. * Consistently demonstrates the CHOP values in working with families * Obtain and document referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications. * Ensures standard opening and close of call is consistent with department guidelines.
Follows hospital and department procedures and policies.
* Attends mandatory staff meetings.
* Participates and contributes to team projects. * Works collaboratively with team members to meet team goals.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High school diploma required. * 3 years of related experience required. * Strong customer service experience required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Background in medical terminology preferred. * Medical Insurance background preferred. * Call Center experience preferred.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start in 1855, CHOP has been the birthplace for many dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine. The Hospital has fostered medical discoveries and innovations that have improved pediatric healthcare and saved countless children’s lives. Today, families facing complex conditions come to CHOP from all over the world, and our care and innovation has repeatedly earned us a spot on the U.S. News & World Report's Honor Roll of the nation's best children's hospitals.