American Specialty Health, Inc. (ASH Companies)
American Specialty Health, Incorporated (ASH)
2009 – 2014 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America—Inc. 5000
2014 Healthiest Companies—San Diego Business Journal
2014 Workforce 100 Winner—Workforce Management
2014 Coolest Companies to Work For: San Diego—O.C. Tanner
2008 – 2011 & 2013 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles, Gold—National Business Group on Health
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking an experienced supervisor to join our Customer Service – Clinical Department. The primary purpose of this position is to manage and coordinate Clinical Customer Service training, including oversight of the training staff. Support the departmental initiatives to include critical department deliverables in support of activities for quality improvement, client support, ASH policies and other related ad hoc projects. Ensures compliance with regulatory, accreditation, and health plan delegation standards. Supports new product and quality improvement initiatives as assigned.
• High school diploma required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Health Care Administration preferred.
• 1-2 years supervisory experience in a call center environment preferred.
• 2-4 years of progressive experience performing customer service required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft (Word/Excel/Outlook) required.
• Knowledge of specialty health care operations, health plan delegation processes, accreditation guidelines and quality assurance techniques preferred
• 2-4 years of progressive training experience required.
• Experience with quality assurance, project management, and document editing.
• Proficiency in MS Office and experience utilizing computer systems in business applications.
• Demonstrated writing proficiency required.
• Ability and willingness to travel to all of ASH’s locations for oversight and possible training.
What makes American Specialty Health (ASH) such an awesome place to work? There are MANY perks, including:
• Offices located across the country in San Diego, Dallas, Indianapolis, and South Carolina
• Healthyroads Coaching® for Weight Management, Tobacco Cessation, and Healthy Living at no cost to employees
• Healthy vending machines
• An onsite fitness center and an exercise room, showers, and locker rooms at our San Diego and Dallas offices, plus discounted gym memberships through the Active&Fit® program
• Incentives program -- employees and spouses can receive discounts on annual health care premiums for reaching specific physical activity goals using wireless activity monitors and completing other healthy activities
• Corporate awards ceremony for employees, featuring an awards presentation that honors ASH employees
• Holiday and employee health challenges with fun incentives
• Onsite health education classes
• Wellness team
• Athletic event reimbursement
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is a national health services company that provides population health management programs including prevention and wellness services, specialty health care management programs, and fitness and exercise services to health plans, insurance carriers, employer groups, and trust funds.
Since its inception in 1987, ASH has been based in San Diego and now has regional offices in Dallas and Indianapolis. Currently, ASH has over 1,000 employees. ASH subsidiaries operate in all 50 states, providing access to contracted practitioners with administrative platform for clients. ASH clients include more than 132 health plans nationwide.
In addition, ASH offers employees many opportunities for education and advancement, plus an awards program that honors employee achievement in the areas of Quality, Customer Service, Teamwork and Innovation.
ASH has also been named among the 100 “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” by Modern Healthcare magazine, one of America’s 15 Fittest Companies by Men’s Fitness magazine, a National Business Group on Health Gold “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” award winner, and a California Task Force on Youth and Workplace Wellness Fit Company. More locally, ASH has been named one of San Diego's best places to work by the San Diego Business Journal and San Diego Magazine.
In addition to our more unique health care benefits, we provide employees with a wide array of more traditional benefits. They include:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage
• Matching 401(k) savings and retirement plan
• 11 paid holidays annually
• Paid personal time off to be used for vacation, sick time, etc.
• Life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance
• Employee discounts to local restaurants, movie theaters, fitness clubs, and theme parks
• Public transportation reimbursement (up to $75 per month)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible health care spending account
• Software training classes
• Monthly seminars
• Tuition reimbursement
So why not choose one of its finest companies to work for? Explore our website to find out more about our company, our values, and our open positions. Start changing lives—and your idea of “work”—today!
Please click the link below to apply for the Supervisor, Training and Development position:
If this current position does not fit your area of expertise, please visit us online to view our current list of available positions. www.ashcompanies.com
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at the following website http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/ then scroll down to Federal Contractor Corner, Workplace Posters and click on EEO is the Law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
NO Security Clearance
American Specialty Health, Inc. (ASH Companies)
Website : http://www.ashcompanies.com
American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH) is one of the nation’s leading health and wellness companies, providing health plans, employer groups, insurance carriers, and trust funds with a wide range of population health management , fitness and exercise , and specialty health care management programs to improve the health of their members or employees. Our mission is to empower individuals to live longer, healthier lives. We do this through a variety of population management programs—created through innovation, scientific evidence, and state-of-the-art technology, and measured against the highest industry standards. Take a look for yourself!